Saturday, November 23, 2013

MY GIRL BILL

For those that missed it, THIS happened:



Yes, it's a bittersweet week for Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld fans.  Bill Schulz has left the show.  I listened to him discussing it with Sherrod Small on Sherrod's podcast called Race Wars.  Sherrod's partner Kurt Metzger is vulgar and a general dick, but the podcast overall is informative on this issue at least.  I've put it below.  Bill's not very forthcoming, but it's what you don't say that says volumes, and I'm pretty sure leaving wasn't his choice. 

 




Of course, the #RedEye Twitterverse weighed in (plus I promised Gwen she would get mentioned)








Not everybody is crying though




In the last year, we've seen the end of the Half-Time Report (which still boils blood in my circles), the end of the Pre-Game and Post-Game Reports came next in order to put Andy on the panel.  The studio changed, as did the legs chair position.  I don't mind seeing Jedidiah Bila's other leg, so that's okay.  Now with Bill gone, I can't help thinking that this has been in the works, and that there won't be a 3rd permanent co-host coming in.  This is now the Greg and Andy show, I would guess.

There is a function that Bill provided though that Andy would suck at.  There's only one person in my mind that can replace Bill for the Man In The Street interviews, and that's Joe Machi in character as The Frightened Correspondent.  If you didn't see this, it may be one of the funniest bits ever:



To this end, I am the self appointed leader of the committee to make this happen, and I appear to have support:




It's a brave new world out there now folks.  We'll miss Bill Schulz, but I'm sure our aim will get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment